the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jumping

I've been living on the edge the last several days. No, I haven't been living with a daring nor fearless demeanor. I have been walked up a mountain by mostly silly little tasks causing stress, but also by large elements that fabricate my life right now, which are pressing on my heart mercilessly. I had no idea I was being lead up this mountain until my feet felt its edge. Until I heard the gravel of its mighty sides break off the cliff and fall to the depths below.

This is where I have been.

It's terrifying. I hated feeling like I needed to distract myself to be happy. I hated worrying and getting nothing accomplished. I hated not feeling like me.

But now I know... A hand has been extended. An invitation has been given. And I don't have to jump alone. I took it! I took the hand. I took the invitation.


I jumped.

I'm free of the edge! The fall feels exhilarating. Now that I'm no longer in this scared state, it's easier to search for joy; I can reach out to others more easily. I know that the fall will be frightening at times. But I'd rather be falling than forgetting. I'm jumping for what I'm passionate about, and if this is what I need to do, I'll do it. Now I'm free. That's what it is... I'm free.

(photo from weheartit.com)

No comments: