the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Home Sick

When most people think of Haiti, they picture something like the photo below. Troubled, scared, worried, about to break.
I am not, in any way, down-playing the pain Haitians go through on a daily basis, because it is an earthly hell. I know that woman pictured above what hurting when I took her picture. She was holding in tears. But I also know that she has a strength that is seldom found here. I can only wonder what was causing pain in her heart. However, when I think of Haiti, I think of something more like this:


Alive Vibrant Love Lively Strength Warmth Laughter Noise Faith Hope Song Happiness
I think of my GOD. I have never seen Him so evident than in Haiti. I think of my Bible; the Word of God alive under that bright sun. I think of worship that fills the air, voices ringing between broken cement, barbed wired walls and mounds of burning trash. God is pleased with the hard working, always faithful servant He has there, I'm sure of it. I am aching to live among them again... I am home sick.