the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Saturday, March 6, 2010

It's Easy to Believe...

...that after a month...
The tears would stop falling...
The pain would be healed...
The wounds be cleansed...
Lives would be restored...

...that after seven weeks...
It would all fade to a memory...
My arms would stop aching for yours...
A day would pass without reliving it...
You would loosen your hold on my heart...

...that after fifty-two days...
I could live a moment without wondering...
Realization would break through...
Something would finally make sense...
I could sing about it with you...

No.
This is still your pain,
That runs deep throughout.
Your strength challenges my own,
And in whispers asks me what I am made of.

1 comment:

CG said...

Beautiful. The last line took my breath.