the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Thursday, March 25, 2010

For the Saved and the Inked

I would like to take this time to say...

That I think it would be cool to get my nose pierced someday, and I'd like my hair to have a tint of red in it. I am a believer in alternative/rock music. And I have nothing against tattoos, especially ones which hold meaning to its owner.

(That's not all I'm about. I also love dresses, red lipstick, high heels, and I put a flower in my hair any chance I can get. )

In addition, I am a supporter and reader of the Bible, worship music, and following Jesus to the ends of the Earth. My Savior won't love me any less if I want a stud on the side of my nose. And just so you know, I rock out for Jesus everyday -- it's quite a show, I'm sure.

So, I extend a thank you, to all of you who can be "cool" and edgy and remain godly -- not the godly that the "church" society has created.

I would like to point out that I am not against people who dislike tattoos, nose rings, and things of that nature. This is nothing against you. I am simply giving credit to the fact that there are those who can maintain honorable faith and still favor such things.

1 comment:

megan haug said...

i firmly believe you lose your salvation if you get a tattoo or piercing (anywhere other than your nose).

i kid. i joke. :)