the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Tye-Die

At my school we are all tye dieing t-shirts for art class. And as Mia was wearing her t-shirt at dinner i thought MAYBE it would be a cool thing to do with the kids that the "O".

I know that not all the kids are old enough but there is a good hand full: Steven, Mia, Belle, Hope, Noah, Steeve, Richecard, Sharkira. MAYBE even Samara (with some help that is). There might even be a few more that could tye die... Tye-dieing is sooo simple:

1) You tye your shirt in rubber bands
2) dip the shirt in die (you could do different colors in different places on the shirt)
3) put the shirt in regular water
4) ring the shirt out
5) Take off the rubber bands & let it dry

I think it would be cool for the kids to make their own shirts. And i am willing to pay for all of the supplies. I could be the...the... Official Tye- Die Manager. My mom said she would think about it. I think it would be a fun summer craft this July. I just want your opinion. :)

Here is Mia's Tee:




PS~ I posted this post at 7:00 AM not what ever the time says at the end of this post.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds fun!!

Anonymous said...

That would be cool!!!!

Good idea Lizzie!!!!!

Elisabeth said...

thanks guys!

Kathy Eden said...

I think that's a great idea! You could add Samendia to your list as well.

Elisabeth said...

ok!

Anonymous said...

I think you should do it. The kids would have a blast!!

Love,

Aunt Jennifer

Anonymous said...

that's cool!
we have got to do that this summer when i come to see you in florida.

love,
goldfish<3