the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Sunday, May 20, 2007

This Changed my Prayers!

One of my FAVORITE books is "The Prayer of Jabez: Breaking Through the Blessed Life", By: Bruce Wilkinson. I am currently reading it again for the third time. Every time i read it i learn something new! Yesterday i learned some thing new. So you are traveling through life & following God as He works through you. But you feel that more can come into your life. Is He made at you? NO! It has nothing to do with Him. It is all you this time! What would you say if God wanted to send you 30 blessings a day, but you only got about 1? Well, did you ask for all of the blessings you wanted??? Before i learned what i am about to tell you, i did not want to ask for everything from God. I only asked for about 2 blessings at night & most of the time i got them the next day. I did not want to ask for too much because i do not think i deserve it. I don't want to sound greedy toward God. But He WANTS you to ask for a handful of blessings!

Here is a story found in this book: Mr. Jones Goes to Heaven:

Mr. Jones dies & goes to Heaven. At the gates Peter is waiting for him to give Him a tour. As they stroll down the golden streets they come a long a warehouse-looking building. Mr. Jones wants to go in. Peter says,"I wouldn't want to if i were you, Mr.Jones". What secrets could be in Heaven??? But Mr. Jones is stolen by curiosity & begins to walk in. Peter sighs & follows. They see thousands & thousands of drawer-looking things all labeled with names. "Do i have one," questioned Mr. Jones. "Of course," answered Peter. Before Peter can say another thing Mr. Jones races to the "J" section. Mr. Jones opens his drawer, inside is a white box tied with a bright red ribbon. Mr. Jones opened the box & inside held all the blessing that God intended to give Mr. Jones, But never asked for. A large sigh comes from Mr. Jone's mouth, one that Peter has heard MANY times be for!

"Ask & it will be given to you,"promised Jesus. (Matthew 7:7)
"You do not have because you do not ask". (James 4:2)

6 comments:

Kristina said...

Thanks Lizzie! I am looking for my copy of this book ASAP! I needed the reminder.

Kathy Eden said...

Ditto to what Kristina said. I need to find mine too!

Michelle said...

Very Cool!

Angela said...

Great reminder Lizzie. Thanks for sharing!!! You remind me of
1 Timothy 4:12. I look up to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Liz,

Did I ever tell you how proud I am to be your aunt???. You are an amazing, loving, wonderful child of God and I am so glad you are in my life. Never forget how special you are. I feel God has big plans for you.

Aunt Jennifer

Elisabeth said...

AW! thanks Jen, I cant wait to see you in haiti & MI this summer! I love you Mama Jennifer!

And thanks Angela thats really sweet!