the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Oh So Proud!

i have been so proud of my family lately! They have been putting so much to TA's! So i thought is was only fair to my family to post this:

First & foremost, i want to recognize is my Aunt Kristen. She is going to Haiti July 7th; she is leaving her little baby girl with her husband, Scott. So i guess i should recognize my Uncle Scott, too! :)

I am also proud of my Aunt Casey. It feels like just yesterday that Casey went to Haiti. When she came back my Uncle Micheal ask her to go ring shopping with her. `Nough said! He was a little worried when his girlfriend went to a third world country. Today Casey does T-shirt screen printing & is doing a long term found raiser. For every TA's t-shirt (made by herself) bought she will donate 2 dollars to TA's. Visit her blog at: http://gmscreenprinting.blogspot.com

Next is my Grandma, Jane. my mom & i have been trying to get her to Haiti for a while now, and for some reason she decided to go on July 7th. (I went with "You are the best grandma in the world" approach! Our friend DeAnn & herself are also making the wedding dresses for the nannies that are getting married this summer. I am also proud of my Grandpa Earl feeling a bit more comfortable with letting her go!

I also want to recognize my Aunt Jen. Jen was a little nervous about going to Haiti for the first time, but look at her know! She is leasing this Medical Clinic! Jen is the Executive Medical Director for TA's, too!

My Dad, Frits is another family member i am proud of. Now my dad has been helping with some organization for TA's & helping with other technical stuff! ;)

Lastly, i am proud of my mom, Gretchen for co-starting TA's! It sure changed my life!!!

7 comments:

Jordyn said...

I love that post!! I like how you recognized your family!!!

Michelle said...

Lizzie, it sounds to me like you have an amazing family. You definitely should be proud!

Angela said...

That's awesome!!!

Kathy Eden said...

That was an awesome post! You forgot one person but it's good that you did otherwise you wouldn't be considered humble...yourself...you do so much for 3A's by sharing info. about it with others as well as praying...thanks for your work as well!

Elisabeth said...

Aww... Kathy! You are so sweet! God Bless you!

Kristen's Blog said...

HI Lizzie,

I am so proud of you too! You absolutely have the best heart. I am so excited to go on my first mission trip with you and build my relationship with God. Wouldn't want to share it with anyone else. See you in two weeks.
Love and Miss you,
Kristen

Elisabeth said...

Thanks Aunt Kristen!

And, Michelle, I do have an awsone family! The best!