the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Steven & Belle

i love these 2 kids! i have a special love for them since they are older!
BELLE

Well with the mission groups coming & going Belle started to wish her Mama & Papa were there. She came up to me with tear in her eyes & said: "Mama Angela". And with that i almost died. I would do anything for that girl at the moment! So my mom took us into the office were we did all the puzzles we could find & ate fruit snacks. Then when we reached the end of the box of puzzles we found some pipe cleaners & we made best friend bracelets for each other. Then we started to make a whole bunch & when the pack was empty she handed out the rest of the bracelets to all of the other kids down stairs. (I think she gave one to Michelle to give to Mama Angela) :) (i still wear mine but i think Belle lost hers) Then Junior took us to the Caribbean Market where Belle bought some onion chips just for herself. When we got back she ate lunch with me & finally felt better & ran off the play with Samindia (if that's how you spell it). I love her so much & hope to stay in touch with her after she goes home!
STEVEN


I love Steven! it kills me! He is like a leader for those kids. One night when the power was out he sat by the lantern telling stories to the kids using his hand & using the dim light to create the feeling or mood of his story! His English is amazing! Half the time he spoke to me in English! I am so proud of him! He is a man of many talents: He can play the piano & dance & speak great English! He is such a boy though! :) The picture of him in the sunglasses shows him pointing to himself chanting: "Steven! Steven!" (that picture is also my desktop on my computer & on my cellphone) OH I LOVE THAT BOY! I wish that he could continue his dancing in the States! I love watching him!





It was kinda hard saying bye to them. I squatted down, held them both by the hips & told them i love them & i will be back very soon & that i promise to be back before Christmas. And with that i gave Belle a kiss & gave Steven a kiss & squeezed them tight! But everything turned out OK. We all left each other happy & we are all looking forward to seeing each other again very soon!



PS~ The post under this one is kinda a prayer request so if you could not for get to read that one too, that would be great! :)

9 comments:

Kristina said...

Yes, Steven and Belle are truly special kids! And I get the priveledge of watching them grow up and being friends with their parents.

Believe me Belle's mamma is aching to hold her and love her too. we are all praying this family will be reunited ASAP!!!!!!!

Your post was really sweet and I know it helpped Belle that you showed her such love and kindness! Your heart is in Haiti girl and God is definatly preparing you for great things!

Elisabeth said...

Thank you Kristina, i can't wait to see you family together soon~ PS~ you kid's pictures will be on my blog soon along with a story too!

angela said...

they miss you too, lizzie! thanks for coming! come back soon.

Elisabeth said...

thanks you-you! if you haven't already, can't you tell them i love them & i haven't stopped thinking of them??? thanks, lizzie

Angela said...

Wow...Steven's piano skills are awesome. Up to this point I have only heard him practicing notes up and done the scale. That's the first time I have actually heard a song. Looks like he had it memorized since there is no sheet music in front of him which is even more impressive. He is amazing!!!

Thanks again Lizzie for loving on them. I can't tell you how much that means to me to know they got special attention from you. They look so happy! Thanks for sharing these pictures, stories, and videos too. I'm saving all this for their memory albums. What great memories!!!

angela said...

angela, he can play anything he hears. he needs a little practice on timing but he just picks everything up! he really is amazing!

lizzie, of course i'll tell them!

Kristina said...

Ok Lizzie....you promised me a post on Jonas and Ellie...I'm trying to be patient...really I am.

Elisabeth said...

OK OK, Kristina, i am at my friend, Neena's, house but i will be back on Wendsay & you will get your post then!:) I promise- or may the Lord strike me with lightning!

Kathy Eden said...

You're heart for all of the kids are amazing...thank you for your love for them!!!