the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Monday, July 16, 2007

IT SIMPLY ISN'T RIGHT!!!

ugh! well, i am home. can you tell??? i didn't want to go home in the first place, and on top of that i am mad-sad. just mad&/or sad. i refuse to flush a toilet or bathe without a bucket! i feel like i am betraying the people of haiti by going & living (somewhat) the way they do & then leaving them to go to the states & flush in all me toilet glory!!Plus isn't i boring to KNOW that every time you flip s switch you will have electricity? and i am not saying that i am not thankful for what i have in the States but i just... just...well, i was content in Haiti! you know? and i was telling Amanda (1 of the girls that stayed in Haiti, who we have befriended each other) one night at St. Joseph's, on the roof, that: even though Haiti is mostly dirty & poor & dangerous... it is my favorite place on EARTH! it is my home & one day i plain on living there when i move out. and Amanda, being the sweety that she is, said that she thinks that it is that motive that will safe Haiti one day! Oh, how i love her for saying that! will i ever get used to the transitions??? I also just miss you-you & all the kids at the "O" & jimmy & junior (oh junior!, my brother/my cousin!) & the medical team! it didn't really hit me that i left my Haiti home until i reached our driveway. but i am hoping for a trip back in September, our at least that was a suggestion. :( But i had a great trip & everything i wanted to happen, happened and i thank God for that!

Medical Pictures (these are all the pictures i had of the medical team so i am sorry you can't see everyone)

6 comments:

Kristina said...

I'm glad you made it back safe. And I agree, it is people like you that have a love for Haiti that will change it!

but don't be too angry. Find out what God wants you to do with your time left here in the states. He always prepares those he sends, and it's not always the way we think!

i'm looking forward to seeing pictures! I really miss my children!

Elisabeth said...

thank you kristina, thank you! you proved a ver good point!

Unknown said...

Hey Lizzie! I miss you too! Gosh, it's so hard coming home. Rob is taking a team back in a month (Aug 16) for 10 days and I might be going! My mom is taking a team in November to work at the clinic so hopefully if I can't go in Aug I'll be able to go in Nov. Hopefully one day our paths will cross again, either in the states or in Haiti!

Elisabeth said...

I am sure i will be going to at lest one of those mission trips!

angela said...

i know it's not fun to leave here, but like kristina said, the Lord has a plan for you! be excited to seek it out! we'll see you again soon and i know that'll make the kids happy!

Elisabeth said...

Aww... you-you! I will, i will be happy & explore the will of my God! You made my cry, but in a very happy way! :*-)