the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Thursday, July 26, 2007

My New Cousins! Steeve & Jacob!

Yes! My aunt Jen & Uncle Dave are adopting Steeve & Jacob (Jean Baptist)! I knew since the second i saw Steeve's picture that he will always have a place in my heart. But it wasn't until i found out he asked Jen to be his white mama, that i "knew" he was going to be my cousin. Plus, when i got to Haiti occasionally (when he wasn't with Jen) Steeve would come & sit on my lap or tell me- not ask, tell me to hold him. & when i did there was just a familiar look in his in his eyes that i see with my other cousins. I was telling Jen there was a way he looked at me & a way he held me. & when ever i came up to the nursery, Jacob would come to me (that is if Woody didn't run into me first!) Amanda, one of the girls that stayed 3 weeks in Haiti, told me something i will never forget. She said that she doesn't believe in coincidences & that it is all God. & now i feel that way. Soooo i thought it would be a good time to announce that God talked to me for the very first time. I haven't told anyone, not even my mom yet because i thought i was kind of making it up, but i am pretty sure i WASN'T! He told me that Steeve & Jacob was my family. And He told me to love on them even more when Jen & Dave left & that they were going to need it & you know what... after Jen & Dave walk out of the big blue gate Steeve melted into tears. Even worst than the other kids. Steeve wouldn't even come for fruit gummies! He sat outside in a corner. So after slowly getting away from Richecard i set him on my lap & we sat in that corner. I just let him cry & i just let him take in my love for him. Then i took him upstairs to see his brother after he stopped crying. I held them both. And we just sat there embracing in each other's love & miss for our Mama Jennifer & Papa Dave. (This was all before Jen & Dave made their decision) Steeve soon after felt a lot better & tried to hang with the Steven & Fritzon (how i remember those small details, i don't know). I can't wait to tell Steeve & jacob how God talked about them to me one day when they are stronge young men of Christ (because as a Jordahl, you know they will be!) And wouldn't it make you feel good inside to know that God talked about YOU! After that i went to treat to Caleb & Isabel... but that's my next post...

8 comments:

Sarah and Tim said...

How wonderful! It is so true, that God does have everything planned out, and nothing is just by chance! I believe you when you say you heard God's voice! Keep listening he has a lot to tell!

Kristina said...

That is awesome!!!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your time in Haiti.

Kathy Eden said...

That is super awesome!!! I am so happy for them & you!

Elisabeth said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am happy too! But i bet you already figured that out! I am actually on my way to MI to see the rest of my family! Including their brother & sister (my little cousins who i miss like heck!) & Mama Jenny ;) & Papa Dave!

Hope and Rob said...

Hope to see you while your here in Michigan!!!!!! AND I HOPE THAT NEXT POST IS COMING SOON... you can't just end with Caleb and Isabel like that and just STOP!!! ;) hehe
Anyway... you are an awesome cousin and since Jen and Dave are going to be Caleb and Isabel's God parents... I think that would make you their God cousin!!! Welcome to the family!!!!!! Thanks for caring for our kids and loving them! And praise God for you hearing His voice!!! Isn't it great!!! Like Sarah said... keep listening. The more you listen the better you know His voice and can decifer it from your own! God Bless!!! Miss ya!

Elisabeth said...

CALEB & ISABEL ARE MY GOD COUSINS?! YEAH!!! i love them so much like they are my family kind of how i felt with Steeve & Jacob!

Unknown said...

Lizzie! I'm so excited for you! God has already used you in amazing and mighty ways and I know He will continue to do so. On another note...Steeve and JeanBa! Or shall I say Jacob. I'm stoked that they are a part of your family. I'm also quite stoked that I might get to be their babysitter when they finally come to Midland. And how amazing is it that Caleb, Isabel, Steeve, and Jacob can all grow up in the same community with God's love surrounding them every day and still be able to embrace their Haitian culture? I can't wait for the day when they get here. Aren't you coming to Midland soon?

Elisabeth said...

I can't wait either, Katie! And, Yes, i will be in Midland soon! For sure i will be there on Sunday for Church so i can see most the the team! I m in Michigan now at my grandparents' house!

See you soon, Team!!!