the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Thursday, May 13, 2010

See how much I love this boy?

This how I love Haiti. I wish I could hug the whole country, squeezing it in attempts to show them my love for them all.

I've been up since 6:00 this morning. It is now almost 9, and I can't bring myself to do anything "productive." Haiti is engulfing me today. Doing anything that isn't for, about, or that moves me toward Haiti seems trite. I have plenty that I should be doing, but I just want Haiti. That's all I want. And if I can't be there, I want my life here as Haiti-filled as possible. Everything here feels wrong.

The television is driving me crazy. I don't care about weight-watchers, nor do I care about the woman who murdered her daughter. When there is a nation of people living on the streets, NO ONE should care! If I had it my way, I'd have Haiti on the TV all day. That way, people could watch Haiti 24/7 -- the badness and the loveliness that fabricates Haiti. The help they need, and the love they deserve. Yes, it is four months after the earthquake, and yes, I still want coverage on Haiti -- "silly me." It is necessary.

My friend was back in Haiti last March. A woman spoke to her saying, "we are now out in the streets, you-you. Like trash. But we're not trash."

You tell me how anything that is playing on your television is more important than that.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Totally agreed. Its ridiculous how major tragedies like the Haiti earthquake fall into the back round of busy lives only after a few months of its occurrence!