the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Friday, April 30, 2010

The Funk

I've been missing that piece of my heart that I left in Haiti 7 years ago. Usually I have an idea of when I go back, and at the moment, I have no idea. The fact that I haven't been back since the earthquake is bothering me more and more. Homesick-ness is taking over me.

I'm not complaining about my life here, because I have a great one. I'm never bored, have great friends, a great church, and I'm thankful that I get to feel like I'm serving God every now and again. However, it when I see things like these...



...they bring both sorrow and comfort. I stand firm in the truth that God isn't finished with me in Haiti yet. I pray he never will be.

The periods of time away from Haiti are used to teach me a lot. The most important thing I've learned is that the greatest thing I can do is to never be silent about what I've seen, what I've heard, what I've felt. It's been 7 years since that plane brought me to that tarmac in Port-au-Prince for the first time. And after seeing what I saw, no one could keep silent.
I'll be home soon.

No comments: