the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Saturday, April 17, 2010

An Awaiting Lover

I'm a girl who loves romance. I have been for as long as I can remember. The princesses in movies were who I aspired to be when I was a little girl -- their happy endings made me smile and left me daydreaming. I love sweet southern nicknames, and getting a new bridal magazine at the grocery store check-out line leaves me giddy for days. I know it's something my parents aren't fond of about me, but it is me. After years of trying to shake it, I've decided there's no reason to.

A few weeks ago, Mom, Brother, and I were driving through a neighboring town...
Mom: "Oh, they have a Home-Goods!!'
Brother: "We need to check out their PETCO!"
Me: "Look, a David's Bridal! Let's go play!"

Romance is a part of every human being -- some to a higher degree than others, but it's always there. A need to love and to be loved. It was put there on complete purpose by a Being who loves like no other and wants love like never before.

Why do we flirt, "play hard to get," and want to spend time with those we love? Because we are made in God's image, and He does the same with us. Finding this romance in my life with God was a heartrending road that almost severed my relationship with Him as well as other relationships. Sure, I've loved Him and have been in love with Him for years, but finding this romance was something so much more. Why was this dangerous? He lead me into the desert...

"14 Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her. 15 There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope. There she will sing as in the days of her youth, as in the day she came up out of Egypt. 16 "In that day," declares the LORD, "you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master.' Hosea 2:14~16

It's splendid seeing how he 'flirts' with me -- in personal ways through creation and through the words of others. Knowing that He wants me to chase after Him, and that when I do He'll always be there with loving arms, wanting to spend time with me.

The sad part is that many don't realize they have a Lover waiting for them in the shadows of their sadness, depression, and loneliness. He is always there, for men as well as women. He died a brutal murder for you, to win your heart. You are in the middle of a war-zone, an invisible battle that He is fighting for you and your love. Don't stand there as the damsel in distress. Fall into the arms of the ultimate Giver of Love.

(photos from weheartit.com)

4 comments:

Nguyet York said...

it's amazing!

Lisa Easterling said...

You are such an amazing person. Your words always inspire, always nudge me to write. I love you.

Photography by Sara Purdy said...

I will go with you to a davids bridal and play! lets take our cameras and be princesses! or better yet, lets get dressed up all fancy in dresses and go to a playground.. just sounds fun. :)

Elisabeth said...

oh, that sounds like bunches of fun! sounds like my kind of day! I'd be up for that any time. (: