the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Amazing Trip!!

My trip was amazing! One of my favorites! The clinic was great, I got to do a lot. And I spent a lot of time bonding in depth with the kids.

Speaking of kids and bonding, Samendia and I are best friends now. :) I was with her most of the time. We always told each other that we loved each other and always reminded each other that we're best friends. We really clicked. It was really hard saying goodbye to her, but we'll see each other again soon.At the clinic I got to give a shot for the first time! It was for one of the nannies who had a vaginal infection. Aunt Jen helped me, teaching me how to find where to put the needle and keeping my hands steady. (Love you, Jen!) The nanny and I are close now, we talked a lot -well as much as possible through my funky Creole. I guess when you see someone's rear and help them through a vaginal infection, you're tight. Here I am after I gave the shot, feeling on top of the world::The rest of the time I did the vitals and helped the other doctors and nurses. I had a great time and learned a lot.


The pretty lady with all the meds in the yellow is the amazing Aunt Jennifer, and with her is the servant-hearted Gail. Both awesome ladies. The smile-ly doctor is Dr. Mark, who too is amazing. He let me follow him around and taught me a lot.
Seeing the kids again was great, too!!

I will defiantly post more pictures of them soon!! Promise!!

11 comments:

Hannah said...

Liz, thats great! I'm so glad you had a good time, (even though I knew you would:)) You'll have to email me more about it- IN DETAIL! You know how I need to know all about it!

Nikki said...

AWESOME! I can't wait to hear more!!!

angela said...

lizzie! i am so glad you enjoyed your trip (not that i had any doubts that you would!!)! and i'm glad you and samu are best friends!! she needs that! i'm glad she found you! you're a good role model for her!
and congratulations on that shot! you have a great aunt!

Salzwedel Family said...

I'm glad you had a great trip. I am counting the days until my first trip in September - I have a feeling my life will be forever changed (in a good way, of course).

Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

You were awesome Liz. So proud of you!:)

livingpurereligion said...

Wow, Lizzie... you gave someone a shot?!? How awesome is that! And how brave is that nanny!!! I'm so glad to hear that you had a great time. It's rare that a person your age gets to go on such wonderful trips and has the opportunity to work with such awesome mentors. God must have some truly amazing plans for you... He's making sure you are getting trained early!

How about Rebecca's diarrhea? Is it any better?

Hey, next time I need a shot in the rear end... I'll give you a call:)

Kathy Eden said...

Sounds like you had an amazing trip Lizzie! Can't wait to hear more about it & see more pictures!

CG said...

Wonderful! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself and got to have such wonderful new experiences. You'll be a great nurse one day! Can't wait to see photos!

Anonymous said...

Wow. What great experience!

megan haug said...

lizzie!! i'm glad you had an amazing trip!! and gave someone a shot...wow!! :) you're a pro!

Carsen said...

There's nothing like a vaginal infection to bring two people together. ;)

I'm sorry I missed you by just a few days.