the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Blogs for a Cause by Nikki & AMAZING NEWS!!

i just spent $20 on my blog, and i have to say i feel great! As it says at the top, my blog was stylized by BlogsForACause. Nikki is going to the Dominican Republic this summer and is raising money for her trip. Basically she designs blogs and, in return receives $20. $5 of the 20 goes to the chosen charity of the month and $15 goes to her so she can go on a humanitarian trip to the Dominican. More details are on the Blog for a Cause blog.

i have saved up enough money to go my beloved Haiti. i figured that if i can go to the place i love, why not help someone else get to the place they love? so pulled together $20 and gave it to my mom (you need to pay with "the card").

well, i had a great time doing this. and not only am i getting a cute blog but i am left with a content feeling. i highly suggest it.

IN OTHER NEWS....
I AM GOING TO HAITI!!!! FEBRUARY 23!!!!! :):):):) AHH!!! ....STILL IN SHOCK!!!! (breathe, Liz, breathe)!! MY LOVING MOTHER & I WILL BE ACCOMPANYING THE MISSION GROUP THAT SHANNON IS LEADING!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! SEE YA SOON SHANNON!!! SEE YA SOON, HAITI!!!!

11 comments:

Brandy and Troy said...

I love the new blog look!!!
I am so glad that you have the money to go back to Haiti!!! I can't wait to see the pictures of from your trip!!

Angela said...

Yeah!!! Nikki did a great job. I love it!!!

It's Gonna Be Me said...

That's GREAT news, Lizzie!

Think I will ever plan a trip when the Huijskens are going...? Not sure I'll ever meet you guys!

I love the blog's new look, too!

Hugs!
Colleen

Nikki said...

First, thanks for posting this to help spread the word.

More importantly, OH MY GOSH!!! I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to read all about it!

Nikki

megan haug said...

LIZZIE!!!! i'm going on that trip!!!! i'm so excited!!! i was just thinking about how i wanted to meet you!! wow, that's crazy....now i will!!

super excited- number 1: for you, you get to go again to the place you love!! and #2: i get to meet you!!

Elisabeth said...

OH MY GOODNESS- Megan i am sooooo excited!!!! oh wow!!! the makes the trip even better!!! :D

thanks again, Nikki, for doing my blog!!

CG said...

Wow, the blog looks great! Please kiss our boys for us!

Elisabeth said...

i will, Cara, i promise!!

Shannon H. said...

Yippee skippee! It'll be a great trip - can't wait to see you again. I'll have to bring your birthday present to Haiti...

Jessie B said...

thats soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool.I've only been once, but i plan on going back if my parents decide to go again.I also decided that i will live up there for a while when i'm older!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy Eden said...

Your blog looks great! Congrats on getting to go in Feb.!!!