the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Bethany

This is the only kid i saw the time i went to Haiti a long time ago! i don't think she remembered me but i remembered her! How can't you?

Bethany was one of the very first kids at the "O". And yet with some confusion, she is still there! But she is very loved there! (just Ask You-you!) :)

Anyway. She is just too sweet! Some times i just like to watch her! i like to stand there and gaze at her! Her smile brightens my day! One day when i was working at the medical clinic she came & sat with me. She said "Bonjou" "Hello" to all of the patients. After a while i just had to laugh out loud! Bethany, Bethany was the one being so social! i was actually pretty proud! This isn't the Bethany i remembered! But we both have changed a lot!

And isn't she just so beautiful? I mean really beautiful! I never told i was going to take picture or told her to pose! I didn't want her to! She always looked perfect!I would look at her & pull out the camera fast & snap a picture! But i was glad she saw the camera because her smile brings the picture to life!

I love her so much! Please, seriously pray for Bethany! She deserves it, and you know it! ;)

6 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

She is beautiful! God has amazing plans for her!

It's Gonna Be Me said...

So sad to hear Bethany has been there so long. Why is that? Just wondering as we pray God finds our Haitian child we would like to adopt.

You are an amazing person, Lizzie. I read your blog often. Your compassion and love for these children is inspiring. I pray everyone could have a heart like yours!

I am going to 3 Angels in Nov. for the medical mission. I cannot wait to see all you write about and meet those darling children.

God bless you!
Colleen

Kristina said...

She DOES deserve it!!!!!!!

This little girl is so full of life! And if Jessica could have figured out a way to bring her home in a suitcase, she would have!!!!!

Jessica was a bit miffed with me that I wouldn't even consider Bethany. But as I told her God has a plan for Bethany and we must wait to see what it is. And that she can still love her and pray for her.(Secretly I wish she could be ours)

So just know this family prays everyday for this little girl!

Elisabeth said...

You asre so right, Kathy!

Colleen, you are too kind! I have to say working at the clinic was very rewarding! I learned a lot more Creole, i got to pray with people with problems bigger than our minds can comprehend, & i learned a lot more in the Medical Field! I think i am going down in January again to work with the clinic! You ar going to have a great time!

Kristina, you are hilarious! But i know how you two feel! (i felt the sasme way!)

angela said...

this, this is my baby girl. she is wonderful and she makes my heart warm. does that sound strange? well, that's okay. she's my doll!

Elisabeth said...

you-you, you make total sense! yes, bethany is your baby! :) And it warms my heart to know that!