the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dreamer

It's been one of those days, when you feel the weight of an oncoming, pending change. All that can be done is to wait... hold your breath, and look within yourself for the ability to make the future of the path you're walking turn the way you want it to. This is when one looks back and appreciates the days previous, knowing that they are days that have been survived... those days are what made you who you are, and they got you to where you are today.

Unfortunately... for me, it's not easy to hold my breath for long, and I fear that I won't have to strength to keep my road from shaking.

The part I do like, however, about this worrisome fear is that it leads me to Jesus. Trusting is hard, but it's a worthy cause to pursue. I do like leaning on Him, no matter what my future will hold, whether it unfolds the way I want it to.

There's something great about walking with Jesus. Even though I can't control much, I know I can turn to Him when needed, and I don't have to walk anywhere alone. It's easier to rest a little more when remembering that a loving, all-knowing God is in charge of my future.

I don't believe in chasing your dreams; I believe that if you chase God, He will bring your dreams, and so much more, to you.

(photo from weheartit.com)

No comments: