the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Remembering the Definition of Beauty

Well, since I'm venting a self esteem chapter (see previous post), i thought i would share something that has really effected me, in an amazing way.

"i did the un-reasonable thing..... i took a picture of myself..SMILING.
it made me think about WHAT I THINK ABOUT MYSELF....what all women think of themselves. really, don't you think we are all too hard on ourselves?.... but i have decided that i am actually going to start loving myself.....THE WAY I AM and stop wasting time on what i want to be.
confidence is BEAUTY. when you meet someone who is really confident (not cocky of course) you automatically respect them more. it's natural.
we all look at the "beautiful" famous people in magazines and stuff...and BELIEVE ME after knowing what photoshop can do, IT'S NOT REAL!!! so just love your wrinkles and size of pants and stop fussing and complaining and start just LOVING yourself how you are. trust me, it will make you a happier person."
-Emily Clark

Smile, because God made you the way you are for a reason. And He doesn't make mistakes. I hope this has put you in in the new, happier frame of mind that it has put me in. :)

8 comments:

CG said...

Very wise words, Lizzie. I was struck by the very first line about smiling- something I try not to do sometimes because I dislike my teeth.

Thanks for reminding me that God gave me horse teeth for a reason... Ha, ha. Just kidding! I know they're not that bad. Really, thank you for reminding me to think less of myself and more of Him. There truly is glorious purpose in how He made each of us. That's a great thing to think about!

Angela said...

Another beautiful post from a beautiful young woman. This is a great reminder. I am in awe at your beauty and confidence. God's light shines through you and you are radiant Lizzie. You have the gift of encouragement and I leave your blog today encouraged. Thank you!

Oh, and I checked out your playlist. We have very similar taste. Ginny Owens and Barlow Girl are my 2 favorites. I really like "Mirror". So appropriate for this post.

Elisabeth said...

Thank you, Cara & Angela! SO so so so so so MUCH! (I'm not saying that to be polite!) REALLY thank you!

Angela, i agree that song is perfect! -Definitely one of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

Lizzie,
I love your blog and your wise words for such a young woman! I am over 20 yrs. older than you ( a real old lady!!), yet I draw inspiration from your blog all the time!
Thanks for your words.....I needed to hear them today!
Love,
Kristin (from the July '07 mission trip)

Kathy Eden said...

Smiling at ya!

Hannah said...

I love this Lizzie! You should try spending the weekend with Emily! She is so sweet and SOOO positive! I feel so encouraged that the world isn't so bad when I'm around her! I love this so much! I've had a low self esteem all day and I'm just so glad I checked your blog to see this! Your my miracle!

Elisabeth said...

Thank you everyone, really. All of you hold the true definition of beauty!

Ladyblue said...

Wise beyond your years, that's what you are. I just love you.

And by the way, these words are really hitting me...something tells me God is going to be using them against--er--for me a lot in the coming days as I consider their meaning in regard to the way I see myself.

Hugs,
blue