the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bel Panye Mwen

For my 7th grade graduation present my mom got me a hand-made basket from Ghana! There was a lady selling them at the farmer's market. I love it!! I was so excited that i had to share this with you guys. And what better way than sharing it on my head?? Well, those Haitian women make it look a lot easier than it is. However, i find it is a lot easier wearing like this. No, it doesn't carry much this way, but it does help prevent skin cancer on my face and shoulders! :) Have a great summer vacation, guys!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, you're so funny!!

i don't know though, i think you look like a natural in that first picture. i'm gonna have to work on my carrying-things-on-my-head skills so i can be as good as you. and then next time i see you, we can run around balancing things on our heads pretending like we're Haitian.

but you're right, the basket looks good the other way too. what can i say, you just wear it well!!

Kathy Eden said...

Great basket Lizzie! I agree with Megan...you & the basekt look good both ways :o)

Michelle said...

Happy Graduation, Lizzie! That's a great basket!!

Panye ou tre bel!! Mwen renmen li!

Hannah said...

HAHA! I love it! Its so colorful!

Nikki said...

Wow- beautiful! what a neat present.

And yes, good times is right!! Hehe, funny bringing back those memories.

Elisabeth said...

Thanks guys!

Michelle - Mesi anpil! :)

CG said...

What a fun gift! Maybe you just need one of those tiny little cloths they use under the baskets in Haiti. I'm sure you'd be a pro then! ;)