the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Friday, May 30, 2008

I see the Light on the Horizon

So today was a fun day, I got to pretend to play 'adoptive mama' several times. I got to talk to Steven and Belle over Skype today, or we kind of did. They where being shy this morning and i was barely ready for my last day of school when we connected. But just seeing and talking to them again for a little bit was great! I can't say i completely understand the rush of Skype like all of you adoptive parents but i caught a glims, and loved it!

Also, Mom got home from Haiti an hour ago and delivered a picture that my baby boy, Reece made for me. How thoughtful! Oh, i love it and treasure it so much! I feel... so, loved by those kids! To think that Reece thought of giving that picture to ME instead out of anyone else. Yeah, okay that sounds a bit self-centered, but put yourself in that position.... Oh, i miss them, i love them. BUT, Reece's picture sends me a hopeful message that has to be God-given:

... Psalm 18:28 - You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.
... 2 Samuel 22:29 - You are my lamp, O LORD; the LORD turns my darkness into light.
..."It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."
... Job 29:3 - when his lamp shone upon my head and by his light I walked through darkness!

4 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

He did an awesome job on your picture Lizzie. Thanks for the scripture verses!

Angela said...

That's funny. I'm glad they played shy with you too or I might have been a little jealous. I don't understand why they do that. They are so not like that in person. :)

That's a beautiful picture from Reece. He is such a sweetie and great with the crayons too.

megan haug said...

that's cool that you got to talk to Steven and Belle over Skype!

oh, Reece!! i love that kid!

Anonymous said...

Are you on your way back to Haiti soon?