the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Theme Song...

Lately, I have have been struggling with struggles that can seem extremely pathetic in comparison to most burdens. For me, they have been weighing me down, keeping me from a happiness I once felt and yearned to feel once more. Music has been a refuge in all my seasons, a different handful of songs for a different season - most of which are worship songs, for there I find a more reliable strength. After singing "Desert Song" by Jill McCloghry and Brooke Fraser (one of my favorite worship leaders) at church this morning, I feel I have started a new and brighter season. I have heard this song before, but God answered my prayers today in giving me this song. Nothing can show the extent of my gratitude.. So, I'll simply sing the song that He has so graciously spoken to me through...

Here is a video of Jill McCloghry, who sings "Desert Song" with Brooke Fraser. It is a truly moving video and helped me so incredibly much when I was stumbling, trying to get back on my feet... I hope it does the same for you...

Are you crying? (; I now have a whole different perspective on how important it is to praise God through EVERYTHING.

And so begins my new season...

1 comment:

Kathy Eden said...

Wonderful song! Praying for you my friend!