the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Could be Worse, Could be Tanzania

I find my self in a very particular, and for me odd, spot lately where it is easy to say, "my life is messed up". Things I want, I can't have. Things I want to see happen, aren't happening. The burdens I want lifted - be it the burdens of my own or a loved one's, do not rise. I think things are bad, ruined - but really they are not! I only think that because the happenings as of late are inferior to what I want. The unfolding of my life now, at this second, my emotions and longings, its where God wants me and my life to be. That's how I take comfort. A little bit.

Psalm 33:11 ~ "But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations". God, thank you for being the ever powerful and Sovereign Lord that you are. Thank you for embracing your children when they are lost and confused. Help us to remember that your hand is upon us, that you never abandon your faithful ones. Once again it is my prayer, as is forever, that you will make your Will clear to my eyes which are stained by the sin of the world. Please, grant me the smallest bit of understanding as you work your wonders and miracles in my life and in the lives intertwined with mine. Thank you. I love you. In your loving Name I pray. Amen.

I know that my days are not really bad, its just not what I want and that's stupid to let aggravate me. I have a good life. My family, my friends, and I are all healthy. I live in a great house, have easy access to food, ect. I listened to Alli Roger's song "Tanzania" and had a change of heart...
I need not sing, "Someday I will wake where the Earth is clean and safe; where my children have a place to play. Not here in Tanzania. And someday I will in a house that build by hands that hold the world".... I need not sing how its, "hard to be a mother, and its hard to be a woman, and its hard to live in Africa sometimes".

I've been to these places. I know Haiti. I have touched the hands that are attached a mourning and troubled soul. My soul is not worthy to be proclaimed as a soul that mourns compared to those who I am referring to now. I have a great life, full of things and people that I love and for some reason they love me in return.

Now, I move on through life, one foot in front of the other. I think of the Serenity Prayer, one of my favorite, "trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will". And that's where I find comfort, in my marvelously and eternally Sovereign God.

2 comments:

Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

I love you Liz.

Kristina said...

WOW girl! Did you grow up over night? I am so impressed with your maturity! I so wish you and my daughter Jessica could get together! You guys are so similar in your thoughts it is crazy!

Thank you sharing!