the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Friday, November 16, 2007

Stepping out of your Comfort Zone

Comfort Zone:
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: an environment or situation in which a person feels secure or at ease; also figuratively, an established lifestyle in which a person feels comfortable as long as there is no drastic change

Due to events occurring in the last 2 weeks i feel that the Lord has been pulling me out of my comfort zone. I have been praying a lot lately, thinking a lot lately and asking Him for advice. Every time His answer always results in me doing something bold- or what is bold in my opinion. When being faced with a choice He leads me to the choice that may bring more joy to myself, others, and/or bring more glory to Him. And i honestly try to respond in the way that puts me in His Will. However that option is not always a choice i would choose if i were to remain in my comfort zone. But i find my self happier when choosing the BOLDER choice.

Most of us, as humans grow within our comfort zones. In that zone is where we develop into unique, different individuals. And as humans i believe that we are being called to step out of our comfort zones to: help others, meet and connect with new people, and to praise God.

9 comments:

Ashly said...

Hey Lizzie!
My name is Ashly. I went on the trip in August and I'm going back in January. I came across your blog. What a wonderful post! I think you are right on. Many of us walk through our day to day lives in our "comfort zones." We dare to step outside of them, and this is usually because we are afraid of what other people will think. To grow, learn, connect and glorify our God, we must extend our hands to meet the Lord's. We must have faith He will bring us comfort in those "not-so-comfortable zones" of our lives. Following His will for our lives will not bring about a life of regret!
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
~Ash

megan haug said...

thanks for the challenge! it's so easy just to stick to the things we are comfortable doing- but you're right, God often calls us to step out of our comfort zones...and when we obey Him, that will always bring us more joy!!

livingpurereligion said...

Lizzie, I have to tell you that I am so impressed with you. It is so clear that God is at work in your life. My husband is a youth minister and we long for the girls in our youth group to be Godly girls like you are. Thanks for being you, for being so in love with the Lord, and for being such a great example to other kids your age (and to old folks like me:)

Blog said...

Awesome Lizzie! You are such an amazing woman of God. You are his beautiful daughter and he is so proud. Way to be bold! He's preparing you for some big things!

Angela said...

You continue to amaze me. Thank you so much for sharing this Lizzie!!

Elisabeth said...

All of you guys are way too nice! But thank you for everything you guys said! It really means a lot to me!

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks for your wise words Lizzie! You are such a mighty servant of the Lord...thank you!

CG said...

Lizzie, Your wisdom is lovely and refreshing. I wish I'd been anything like you when I was your age. Keep your focus on the Lord. He is doing such a sweet work in you.

angela said...

not such an easy thing to do, is it?! but with the strenght of our Lord and Savior we can do all things! keep it up, girl!