the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Saturday, September 8, 2007

I Need Them in My Arms Again!

In the words of Jordyn: "I Miss Them."
i need them. i miss them. i have a slide show of the kids as my screen saver that slides pictures all day long. I'll spend hours in my room & someone would come in & say: "Hey what are you doing?" or "Its time for dinner, what are you doing?" My answer is always the same: "Oh i am just checking my e-mail" When i only get about 6-14 e-mails per day! Which does not take that long to read & reply! But i am really watching the kids glide across my laptop! i also have a big corkboard of only a quarter of a quarter of the pictures i call my favorite hanging above my bed. it comes in waves, i always miss them but there are times i fall apart! i miss how the kids reach to hold your hand & never let it go! i miss their Hugs & Kisses, their smiles & laughs, their Haitian culture glowing out of them. what else is there to say. they love you, they really love you. and you can feel it in their step, their play, their smile, their soul.

There was a meeting for the nannies early one morning. I attended & held Daniel the whole time & he clung to me. he would of hung on to anyone who held him, he just liked being held. every baby does. but you could feel the appreciation even from a baby! i love that! but for now i also miss it














I am currently planing a trip with several options i just need to pick the appropriate time! i could go a couple times in Winter (which is acctually not far a way at all!), Spring, & of course Summer once again! I have to save up at least $175 of my plain ticket & i am almost half way there.

i'll see you all soon! i love you & miss you!





























12 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

I thank God for the love that flows out of you into these kids. It's amazing! Any chance of you going on the December trip? I can't imagine celebrating Christmas this year without seeing my kids in December.

Anonymous said...

What a great young lady you are!! I met your mom a few years ago when she was going to adopt from PIHS. I just love your mom!!

My daughter Emma and niece Kaitlyn were there in August and had a great time. Kaitlyn is coming back in October and other friends are going in November on the medical mission trip.

Just wanted to say hello and I love your blog!! Tell your mom hi for me!!

Love
Karla Brown

Elisabeth said...

Acctually Kathy, December is a possiblity!


Karla, Thanks so much! i loved helping with the clinic in July! It was a highlight of my summer!

Elisabeth said...

(pictures by my mom & i, my fellow July Medical Mission Team mates, & the one of Shaki from the August trip)

Kathy Eden said...

It would be great to see you again in December! This trip will be more "laid back" for me since it'll be my 2nd trip & I won't be bringing all 3 of my kids back with me in the evenings since hubby is not coming with me. I can
"reasonably" manage 2 alone there but 3 would be pushing it. So I'll bring Samara back each night & I'll rotate with Shakira & Caleb because I don't think neither one of them will mind.

Sarah and Tim said...

A huge THANK YOU for holding my boy so tightly in your arms. As him mama who can't be with him yet, it warms my heart to know that he is held, and loved on!!!

Angela said...

Your love shows for these kids Lizzie. You are an amazing young woman!!!

Elisabeth said...

Thanks Angela!

Kristina said...

Ahhh Lizzie you definatly are following in your mom's footsteps Awesome!

Lara said...

Lizzie - it is so wonderful how your posts are so filled with love and passion and that you are so open to the power of God and the holy spirit. Thank you for what you do for our kids.

Elisabeth said...

Thanks guys!

(but i hope you realize that i don't only miss: Nata, Herman, Steven,Shakira, Daniel, Glory, Annabella, Bethany, Samendia, Noah, Elmise, Mia, Tyler, & Reece) I miss them all! (if you haven't fingured that out yet! :)

Bethany's Adventure said...

Oh lizzie, I know what you are talking about. I can't look at the pictures on my computer enough. Sometimes I miss these children so bad it hurts just to think about them. God has truely blessed us with the oppurtunity to know these children.