the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Monday, February 7, 2011

$27 < Cross

During the last six months, I have finally gotten to a place in my life where I make money. I have several freelance jobs and I was getting excited about the cash flow. Too excited, apparently. About a month ago I finished reading "Radical" by David Platt (you can count on me writing about that book in future). At the end of the book, it challenges you to do 5 life changing things, one of those things being to donate your money to a consistent cause for at least a year (in addition to tithing for the church).

Three Angels Christian Academy opened in 2005 by Three Angels Children's Relief, a non-profit organization in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Students at TACA receive an education, a meal (for most of them the only meal they get each day), and most importantly an opportunity to make a way for themselves in the heartrending world that is Haiti. It takes only $27 dollars a month to sponsor one child, giving them an education, knowledge for a lifetime -- which in their case is life-saving.

$27

I met my sponsor child today. Meet Sarah. She is four years old in the TACA pre-school program. She loves to draw, plays the race car game at recess, and she is thankful for her school because, "I love my classmates." She aspires to be a dancer when she grows up. She lives in a tent with her mom, for her home was destroyed in the 2010 earthquake.

It may seem like a sacrifice, but it's for a brother or sister who has nothing. It may seem like a sacrifice, but what is it compared to the sacrifice that was made for you 2,000 years ago? $27 begins to look a lot smaller in light of the cross.

You can improve a child's life by clicking ---> here.

"The measure of who we are is defined by what we do with what we have." (Vince Lombardi)

No comments: