the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Thursday, September 9, 2010

This Evening's Musings

It's nice to be here, a place of writing and heart-scribing. I think I need it right now.

I've had a night full of seeing how some of the people in my life are truly real. Heartbreakingly, I've also discovered how many people I'm around daily are fake. I don't think there is a bigger feeling of disappointment than discovering someone that you're around all the time is not really who you thought they were. They become liars. There's no doubt that I'm not perfect. Sometimes I want people to think that I'm perfect. But I'm not. And I respect people who don't try to act like they have it all together. The most healthy relationships that I have are with people who don't try to frantically cover up their short comings. And that is what I appreciate the most out of real people. They're real to me. I'm worth the honest friendship and the truth.


God has been easily evident this last week. I truly believe it's because I've been reading my Bible before my feet hit the floor in the morning. Now, I'm a little frightened not to! I love seeing his handiwork in the butterflies and pink/blue skies (He gave me a thing for pretty skies). I love feeling blessed by the words of encouragers -- a few have reassured me tonight, making me feel like I'm where I belong. That is always a lovely feeling.

On a lighter note... Have you seen my apron of cuteness? (:


I'm thankful for this place. That 'publish post' button is looking caressingly orange, and like it's full of healing.

1 comment:

Lisa Easterling said...

You are such an amazing young lady, Lissie. I am so proud of you, and I'm inspired by your bold authenticity. You know realness is something I highly prize in a person. You are a rare treasure, and I am blessed to have you in my life. I love you.