the Real Love Movement was inspired by the truths written in the Bible and in Elisabeth's book, Putting Fairy Tales to Shame. Here you'll find her weaving of words, a little creativity, and, it's prayed, some healing for your sweet soul. Comment, share, and be a part of the desperately needed Real Love Movement!
Be sure to go to Elisabeth's main site www.elisabethhuijskens.com

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

If you ever have your leg cut open...

...you should totally come stay with my momma with you're healing.


There are three things that I assured myself that I could not ever handle:
1) Rollercoasters
2) Bad guys (the really bad kind)
& 3) Surgery

Yesterday, through the strength of God & squeezing the daylights out of Mom's hand, I survived #3. I almost died, guys. You have no idea.

OK.. so, maybe I wasn't that close to leaving this world. Maybe I'm being a tad dramatic. Long story short, there was something on my leg, they opened it, drained it, and here we are.

Since then, my momma's been great. She held the trash can while I threw up at the doctor's office, made sure I didn't faint in the bathroom, got me chocolate chip muffins, brought me more yummy stuff, and looked at the "wound" today while I was afraid to.

...But, if anyone asks, I almost died.

(photo weheartit.com)

3 comments:

Jordyn said...

Well I am glad that you lived so you could tell us about this!!!

Lisa Easterling said...

Shew! Glad you didn't die! I would've been quite put out.

Michelle said...

Whew! Close one, Lizzie!